Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how H.S. 467M is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
The NYC DOE Return to School 2020 site section also has important information and resources for you. See the Update for Families letter.
Last updated: September 1, 2020
9th and 11th Grade Bilingual Guidance Counselor
(212) 342-6130 ext. 4076
10th and 12th Grade Guidance Counselor
(212) 342-6130 ext. 4074
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working at home is different and difficult for many students. We want to provide flexibility:
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
No one will be turned away at any time. All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time. Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
Note for Parents
Dear Students and Families:
This is an important announcement for all students. Please read through carefully.
Daily Attendance: In light of these announcements, we expect to see you motivated and engaged with your teachers every day
AP Courses: If you are in an AP class, you should continue to complete work and study for those exams - even during the break time - since online exams will be administered from your home.
Saturday School/Credit Recovery: We hold Saturday school beginning October. Please check back or reach out to your guidance counselor.
Grading Policy: The DOE has issued an updated Grade Policy which provides flexibility and opportunity to succeed. Please see the letter and share with your families. At HSLPS we will be dropping your 3 lowest assignment scores in your classes and will provide the extra time necessary to catch up on work you are missing.
Thank you and stay well and safe.
Ms. Lev, Mr. Haldeos, Ms. Brown