Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how H.S. 467M is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Last updated: September 1, 2020
Hybrid Learning Schedule for Fall 2020
Consistent with the DOE family website, our school has been approved to use Model 1B. We have assigned students Group A or Group B for in-person learning. Students can refer to their DOE email account for their group assignment.
Model 1: Alternating days with rotating Mondays, two in-person student groups
- This model assumes that a school can serve at any given time at least half of students who choose in-person learning.
- In this model, there are two in-person student groups and one fully remote student group.
- Students will receive in-person learning for the same two days every week, as well as alternating Mondays. This amounts to a total of five days of in-person instruction every two weeks. Students will participate in remote learning for non-in person days.
- Model 1B: students receive in-person learning on two consecutive days per week - Tuesdays and Wednesdays for one group and Thursday and Fridays for the other group - with groups alternating Mondays.
- Students whose families choose fully remote learning will receive remote instruction every day. You can move your child into 100% remote learning at any time using the Learning Preference online form.
|1||Group A||Group A||Group A||Group B||Group B|
|2||Group B||Group A||Group A||Group B||Group B|
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working at home is different and difficult for many students. We want to provide flexibility:
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
No one will be turned away at any time. All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time. Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
Note for Parents
Dear Students and Families:
This is an important announcement for all students. Please read through carefully.
Online Learning Extended: The mayor has announced that all public schools in New York City will remain ONLINE for the rest of this school year. Please make the best of this and engage in your classes fully. This means turning in all work in your Google Classrooms and attending live video instruction or office hours your teachers schedule. This will be the best way to ensure you will earn all of your credits by the end of June.
No Regents Exams in June: Regents exams are also canceled for this June. This means that if your class ends with a Regents exam this year, you will not have to take this exam and you will get credit for this exam IF YOU PASS THIS CLASS as well as your Fall semester course. This is all the more reason to take your online learning seriously. This goes NOT ONLY for graduating seniors, but for any student in any grade expected to take a Regents exam in June.
Daily Attendance: In light of these announcements, we expect to see you motivated and engaged with your teachers every day. We ask that you fill out the daily attendance survey that is sent to you each day by Ms. Rosa - submit it only once per day in one language of your choice.
Spring Break: Our spring break has been canceled. Teachers will set up meeting times to check in with you throughout the week. You should use this week to catch up on assignments you have not turned in. Your teachers might send you activities to keep connected and assist in having a less stressful and more recreational time this week. You should engage in those activities and catch up 100% with your online work.
AP Courses: If you are in an AP class, you should continue to complete work and study for those exams - even during the break time - since online exams will be administered from your home.
Saturday School/Credit Recovery: We continue to hold Saturday School from 9:00-2:00 every Saturday. If you are doing credit recovery, you must contact Ms. Ralston to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grading Policy: The DOE has issued an updated Grade Policy which provides flexibility and opportunity to succeed. Please see the letter and share with your families. At HSLPS we will be dropping your 3 lowest assignment scores in your classes and will provide the extra time necessary to catch up on work you are missing.
Thank you and stay well and safe.
Ms. Lev, Ms. Alonso, Ms. Brown, Mr. Lieberman, Ms. Ralston, Ms. Rosa